Monday 24 June 2013

The Mental Health Act

Some of the major UK newspapers recently became interested in the current literary work of Mr Guthrie and attempted to contact him for comment. When he was found to be missing for three days, and therefore unavailable for comment, they started contacting Government Departments implicated in his disappearance. Shortly after, these letters went out:



Letter from the DPS to The Guardian, The Mail, The Independent and The Financial Times etc. (dated 21/05/13) :

"Let it be declared here, that Mr Guthrie is currently being detained under The Mental Health Act 1982, Section III, Subsection 12.03, "that parties may be detained, whose communication with members of the public at large may be deemed to pose a reasonable risk to the fabric of modern society."
The Department of Public Security proposed the sectioning of Mr Guthrie through evidence obtained from websites operating under the modus operandi of "Literary Genius" as the words contained therein were deemed to be a threat to public media departments operating for the general good of the "populous proletariat."
Mr Guthrie's various forms of poetry and prose were seen to undermine the current economic state and contribute enough to the cause of economic revolution for action to be taken and would like to take this opportunity to state that the DPS along with the DPH have considerably reduced the threat of a catastrophic economic meltdown in the civilised West by their actions."


Letter from Mr Guthrie to The Guardian etc. (dated 01/06/13) :

"The DPS recently stated that I was being detained under some fictitious Mental Health Act and declared that my work posed a threat to the western economy in general, due to its revolutionary nature and qualities.
Let it be stated here, that I was not and have never been, detained under any Mental Health Act, that I am alive, well and free to make comment on their spurious claims and clear up the whole sordid matter.
On the 20th of last month, I was approached by two burly men, anonymously and soberly dressed, but with tattoos showing above the collar on their neck.
The first man reached into his inside left pocket and produced a large "delete button" mounted on shiny, glossed mdf. Before he could press it, I flew out at him, spun him quickly and uppercut him in the kidneys. I punched rapidly about forty or fifty times in a matter of seconds before he fell in agony and I turned to the second man who quickly sped off.
I believed at the time that these men were from a particular Scottish Yakuza crime dynasty I had dealings with in 1999. I was wrong.
The men in question were from the publisher "R*** H****" and were on direct orders from their CEO to remove a threat, namely me, from any literary platform  in the effort to maintain the current status quo in the publishing world and continue the current fashion of literary predictability. 
They were unsuccessful.
I wouldn't go.
I won't go.
I won't go away.
They know it now.
The best thing I ever did was to start that first letter... to that first publisher, "Dear Motherfuckers," and let the wind absorb me. This is not sentimental, this is not armchair philosophy, this is intended only to be the beginning of the end for an army of substandard scribes.
I would like to thank The Guardian etc for publishing this letter."


The letter from Mr Guthrie was never published by The Guardian, The Financial Times, or any other such publication.



No comments:

Post a Comment