Tuesday 19 November 2013

Furious Allegorical Wrath - Translation, Exegesis and Hermeneutics







Strange things are afoot - and while they are, and have been, I have reached several more fleeting epiphanies.

Books are being published. Writers are being read. Contemporary literature which I shat out philosophical reviews of in my internal monologue of the McEwan's Export Mid-eighties are being quoted as influences.
People are better-looking these days and this isn't a good thing.
My last poem was not my last.
I shall never have my cafe
I can only vaguely remember Steinbeck, Kafka, Camus, Bukowski, Thompson, Kerouac, Satre, Thoreau - nonetheless, they are still tattooed there, somewhere in my deeper psyche.
I shall build a fire.
I shall channel and dissipate the Furious Wrath.
I shall educate myself on the nature of true injustice and donate time to those less fortunate than myself.
I shall unleash my Unholy Show of Performance Art.
I shall charge for it - but there shall be different rates -  some will pay more than others.
Books are being published and writers being read.

Chef phoned me about doing some Christmas work, some unpredictable high-class seasonal banquet cooking and such like (Anthony Bourdain - http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2000/aug/13/foodanddrink1) - or there is the three weeks night shift at the royal mail centre (Bukowski - http://quarterlyconversation.com/post-office-by-charles-bukowski)


What should I do?

But more important,
Above all,
And at any cost,
I shall write,
And keep on writing,
Until everything is lost.



◄ Ezekiel 5:13 ►




New International Version:


Then my anger will cease and my wrath against them will subside, and I will be avenged. And when I have spent my wrath on them, they will know that I the LORD have spoken in my zeal.



New Living Translation:

Then at last my anger will be spent, and I will be satisfied. And when my fury against them has subsided, all Israel will know that I, the LORD, have spoken to them in my jealous anger.



English Standard Version:

Thus shall my anger spend itself, and I will vent my fury upon them and satisfy myself. And they shall know that I am the LORD—that I have spoken in my jealousy—when I spend my fury upon them.



New American Standard Bible:


Thus My anger will be spent and I will satisfy My wrath on them, and I will be appeased; then they will know that I, the LORD, have spoken in My zeal when I have spent My wrath upon them.


King James Bible:


Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them.



Holman Christian Standard Bible:

When My anger is spent and I have vented My wrath on them, I will be appeased. Then after I have spent My wrath on them, they will know that I, Yahweh, have spoken in My jealousy.


International Standard Version:


Only then will I stop being angry—my burning in anger. Then they'll know that I've spoken out in my arduous anger. Only then will my burning anger against them be exhausted. 



NET Bible:


Then my anger will be fully vented; I will exhaust my rage on them, and I will be appeased. Then they will know that I, the LORD, have spoken in my jealousy when I have fully vented my rage against them.



But above all,
Translation, Exegesis, Hermeneutics... above all and at any cost, I shall write and keep on writing, the existential solipsist, until everything is lost. - CG, 2013, "The Mushroom Papers"








No comments:

Post a Comment